Yummy Yams

Thankyou to everyone who has been sending in delicious yam and sweet potato
recipes! Here are a couple I really like: (I often throw a couple of whole
potatos in the oven when cooking something else.)

Baked Sweet Potato Pizza
1/2 huge baked sweet potato peeled and sliced into rounds
1/2 cup tomato paste
1/2 cup chopped peppers
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped  canned artichoaks
1/2  cup grated carrot
1/2 cup chopped veg. pepperoni (No fat)
1/2 cup chopped pineapple (optional)
1/4  cup grated skim milk mozarrella (optional)
1/4  cup chopped pickled jalapeno peppers (optional)
1/4  cup fresh basil
1 (or 2) fat free pizza bases

Spread tomato paste on pizza, then arrange all the other ingredients
artistically on top.  Cook at 450 F till brown and bubbly.  Eat without
burning tongue.

Cold Sweet Potato Lunch
Throw:
1/2  huge baked sweet potato peeled and sliced into rounds
and any other veggies (eg cucumber, celery, brocoli (cooked), asparagus
(cooked), carrots, lima beans etc.) into a lunch box.  Take 1/4 cup fat
free ranch dressing in a separate container to dip the veggies in.  Great
for nibblers, grazers and browsers. (Makes great study snack!)

      Laura Barwick
      Burnaby, BC, Canada

 ^^
 >< (