In defense of my little toys!

I grew up in a family where we grew all our own fruits and vegetables,
canned or dried them for the winter. Made our own goat cheese and bread.
We ?grew? our own honey, and even made a occasional foray into tofu
manufacturing. And this was done by two loving parents who worked outside
the house 40 - 60 hours a week and had six children to raise!

My father, who just turned seventy this year, is still busy doing all this
- though without the six children the load is lighter -and manages to walk
five miles every morning!

I get a big HARUMPH when I suggest a bread machine or rice cooker! However,
my machines enable me to be VLF and still have time for family fun
activities. Technoguilt I can live with!