Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Onions

The original recipe in Cooking Light April 1997 called for a cooking
time of 30 minutes.  Mine took closer to 90 minutes.  I had only
regular yellow onions and they worked well.

4 medium peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 2 inch pieces (about 2 1/2
pounds)
(I would recommend precooking these in the microwave to cut
down the roasting time.)
2 medium Vidalia or other sweet onions, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 1 pound)
3/4 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend (I used garlic salt and then pepper.)
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pam

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Combine all ingredients in a 13x9 baking
dish sprayed with Pam.  Spray potato/onion mixture lightly with Pam and
repeat every time you stir.  Bake at 425 degreees for 35 minutes or
until tender, stirring occasionally.