Couscous and Ricotta Cakes

The recipe in Cooking Light April 1997 issue used Feta, so I would
substitute either Ricotta or maybe any soft soy cheese.

2 1/2 cups water
1 cup uncooked couscous
1 cup minced red onion
1 cup minced red bell pepper
1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
(mince all these very fine)
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 ounces Ricotta
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup egg substitute (I used eggbeaters)
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (I used dried)
1/4 teaspoon salt (I used a teaspoon)
1/4 teaspoon white pepper (I used 1/2 teaspoon black)

1.  Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan; stir in couscous.  Remove
from heat; cover and let stand 10 minutes.  Fluff with a fork.  In a
nonstick pan saute onion, peppers and garlic for 5 minutes until soft.
Combine couscous, onion mixture, cheese and remaining ingredients to a
large bowl.  Stir well.

2.  In a non-stick an, place 1/3 cup couscous mixture shaping into a round
cake.  Cook until golden brown.

I ate some cold the next day for lunch and they were delicious that way too!