Vegetable Pot Pie

The following results in an excellent low cal/low fat pot pie. It is the
best and easiest pot pie I've ever made and is very impressive when it
comes out of the oven.

(pseudo-adapted from the Vegetarian Times cookbook)

Preheat oven to 375

1 can Westbrae Natural UNchicken Broth
1 lb. Filo dough, thawed and set out for 2 hours
Cooking oil spray (buy a brand name so it doesn't taste funny)

1 small-medium onion, chopped
several mushrooms, chopped
5 cloves of garlic, chopped finely

1 lb. bag Birdseye frozen mixed veg (peas, corn, green beans, carrots)
1 small-medium baked potato, diced into 1/2 inch cubes

1/3 C whole wheat flour
1 C skim milk

1 t soy sauce
2 T parsley
1/2 t thyme
1/4 t sage
1/4 t cayenne
a little fresh black pepper

On medium heat, saute onions, mushrooms and garlic in a large nonstick
skillet in a little of the broth until onions begin to get translucent.
Add the frozen veg and potato and cook until heated through. Sprinkle
the flour of the vegetable mixture and cook for a couple of minutes,
stirring occassionally to keep the flour from sticking too much. Add
enough water to the remaining broth to make it equal 2 cups. Then add it
and the skim milk to the vegetable mixture. Turn up the heat, add the
spices, and continue cooking, stirring frequently until thickened.

When you have finished cooking the filling, lightly spray a 9x13x2 pan
with cooking spray. Layer half the filo dough in the pan following the
directions on the box except using very little cooking spray in place of
butter. Dump in the filling. Top with the remaining filo, being sure to
give the top a final spray, especially around the edges.

Bake at 375 30-40 minutes until top is very golden. Let stand 10 minutes
before cutting with a sharp knife.

I know it works very well this way, but next time I think I will try
using only half a box of filo to further cut down on cooking spray.