sinful chocolate pie

I made the following pie for thanksgiving dinner and it was delicious.
My mother adapted the recipe and is very different from the original.  I
beleive she took it from the Betty Crocker cookbook.

Chocolate Pie

1.5 cups sugar
6 T cocoa
1/3 cup cornstarch + 1 tsp
1/2 tsp salt
	Mix above ingredients together well in saucepan.  Gradually add over
medium heat:

1.5 cups skim milk  mixed with
1.5 cups canned evaporated skim milk

Stir constantly anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes until mixture boils.  Once
it boils let boil 1 minute stirring constantly.  Once boiled, add 1/2 of
this mixture into a bowl that has:

3 egg beaters (lightly beaten)

Stir mixture and add back to contents in saucepan and return to heat.
Boil for an additional minute remove from heat and add:

1/2 T vanilla
1.5 T diet or fatfree margarine

Mix well and pour into prepared pie crust of your choice.   I made a
graham cracker crust (not fat free) and my mother uses a pie crust.  I
will leave that up to you folks. Place a sheet of waxed paper firmly
over top of the hot filling, this will prevent cracking, and refrigerate
2 - 48 hours.  Serve with dessert topping (cool whip) if desired.
**note that the mixture must boil or it won't turn out.  I had to make
this pie twice as the first time it cooked 40 minutes but never set.
The next time it only took 15 minutes and turned out beautifully.   Hope
you like it.