2nd post Potato Leek Soup

For Gretchen and anyone else who missed my original posting of potato leek soup, here it is.  It is a hearty,
satisfying soup, with a fabulous taste.  Alittle bit of work, but makes a lot and if you don't share it with
anyone, you'll have leftovers for the week.  My problem is I shared it with my mom and roommate, had to fight
to keep some for leftovers :-)

Potato Leek Soup (T)

5 lbs potatoes, peeled, cubed, cover with water to prevent them nice and white
4 Leeks, chopped whites only
2 medium/large size onions, chopped
8 carrots, peeled, chopped
8 celery stalks, chopped
1-1/2 cup vege broth (I used the canned variety)
2 vege bouillon cubes (or 4 cups homemade borth) (I used Knorrs extra large cubes)
Parsely and pepper to taste

Saute onions and leeks in the 1 1/2 c. broth until tender.  Add rest of broth, carrots and celery.  Drain
liquid from potatoes, then add to mixture.  Add enough water to just cover veges.  Bring to boil, then turn
back and simmer.  After about 10 minutes taste and add your parsley and pepper.  When potatoes and carrots are
done, scoop out veges to a large bowl (its ok to have some liquid in there too).   Puree.  I used a food
processor and packed it pretty high.  This left it a little chunky which added nice texture and color (from
the carrots) to it.  If you don't have a food processor then a potato masher would work.  Mix pureed veges
back into broth.

Faith Hood
Canadian Space Agency
Washington DC