Roasted Tomatoes

Well, I have plenty of plum tomatoes in my garden, as well as garlic, so I
tried my hand at roasting them this weekend...YUM.  Here's what I did.

Preheat oven to 350F
Slice the tomatoes in half horizontally.
Remove stems
Put the tomatoes cut side down in a pan with sides (I used pie plates)
Roast for 20 minutes
Remove from oven and peel (let them cool slightly)
Add spices and garlic cloves to the pan (I used 6 garlic cloves per pan;
the first time I didn't peel them but the second time I did, and they're
better peeled IMO)
I used sprigs of thyme (lemon and common) and oregano. I don't recommend
fresh basil because it gets bitter if it is cooked for any length of time
(You can mix salt, sugar, and pepper together and sprinkle it on them, but
I didn't think it was necessary)
Then, continue roasting at 350 and pour off juices ever 1/2 hour or so.
(Save that juice for sauce; it's delicious)
Remove from oven after the tomatoes are beginning to dry out (I roasted
them for 2 hours)

Remove from oven and use as you like. They are delicous served cold in a
tossed salad and alleviate the need for dressing.

We roasted a whole bunch of other veggies and served them altogether for
dinner. I may make these so much that I won't have enough left to can!

Enjoy!