Apple lasagna

     Don't know if this will make it to the list or not, but here goes:

     Apple Lasagna

     8 oz lasagna noodles, precooked until al dente (OR "no bake noodles
          soaked in hot water for a few minutes until pliable)
     4 baking apples, cored, peeled and sliced thinly
     cinnamon (1 tsp or so, depending on your taste)
     nutmeg
     1/2 cup brown sugar plus some for "sprinkling"
     2 cups ff ricotta or cottage cheese
     8 oz shredded ff cheddar cheese
     1 egg white (can be omitted if desired)
     1 cup good apple cider

     Place 1/3 of the apples in the bottom of a deep square baking dish
     (glass).  Sprinkle with some cinnamon and brown sugar.  Place 1/3 of
     the pre-cooked noodles on top.

     Mix the cheeses and egg white with the 1/2 cup brown sugar and some
     cinnamon and nutmeg.  Spread 1/2 on top of the noodles, then top with
     more apples and another layer of noodles.

     Repeat apple/cheese/noodles until you use them all up.  Top layer
     should be noodles with a few apple slices for garnish.  Sprinkle with
     some cinnamon.  Pour apple cider over lasagna.

     Cover with wax paper or plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH for 10-15
     minutes or until noodles are tender.  Allow to sit to absorb moisture.

     ALternately, I guess this can be baked in the oven (350 for 1/2 hour
     or so, covered with foil).

     I am serving this at a "stitchathon" this weekend.  It is reminiscent
     of apple crepes or blintzes.  Cortland apples were perfect in this
     recipe.  The recipe was lifted from a recipes bulleting board a few
     months ago, but I revised it radically.  Originally called for canned
     apple goop (ick) and an oatmeal/sugar/butter topping.