'Tis the season for pumpkin pie. We found a GREAT one in the Dixie Diners
Club Cookbook (http:///www.dixieusa.com). Kosher, parve, and fat free. It's
quick, easy, and kinda' fun to make.
(If you can't find the Wonderslim and Mori-Nu locally, Dixie has them.)
DAIRY-FREE, FAT-FREE PUMPKIN PIE
1 1/2 Packs Mori-Nu Lite Tofu
2 cups canned or cooked pumpkin
2/3 cup honey
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Tbs. pumpkin pie spice, OR
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup Wonderslim
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup whole wheat PASTRY or all-purpose flower
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Mix all crust ingredients together and then press firmly into the bottom
of a 9" pie pan.
3. Blend all filling ingredients in a food processor or blender until
4. Pour into pie shell. Bake approximately 1 hour, or until a toothpick
inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
5. Cool and serve with tofu cream topping. (See Below)
6. Eat slowly, and enjoy!
TOFU CREAM TOPPING FOR PUMPKIN PIE
1 Pkg. Mori-Nu Lite Tofu
1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 Tbs. honey
1. Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth and creamy.
2. Top the pie!
(You can store the topping in the frig for several days. Stir well before
using if you do.)