re:Greens (cont)

Anne,

I'm sorry I forgot one of the most important ingredients of the recipe below -
SOY SAUCE.  Please forgive me.

Collard Stir Fry

Low sodium soy sauce
1 pkg. chopped collard greens
2 or 3 cloves of chopped garlic
1 tsp. of sesame seeds
PAM or equivalent
Low-fat ramen noodles

Unfreeze the collards enough where they are crumbly.  Pre-heat a wok or iron
skillet for about 1 minute or until it is sufficiently hot.  Lightly spray
PAM on wok or skillet.  Add garlic, stirring semi-frequently.  Add collards
and soy sauce about 20 to 30 seconds later, stirring frequently.  Wait
until collards have melted and add sesame seeds, stirring frequently about
1 to 2 minutes more.  Serve over noodles that have been microwaved or
boiled.  The entire cooking process should take no more than 15 minutes.

-----------

Paul wrote:

>sorry but this week seems to be my silly week.....
>what are collard greens?...is that okra?, spinach, silverbeet,
>etc. etc.

Collard greens are a type of leafy greens similar to spinach, mustard greens,
turnip greens, kale, and others. It's distinguishing features are the thick-
ness of it's leaf, slightly bitter flavor and rich source of calcium when
cooked.

Sincerely,
Lorletha