[FATFREE Home] [Recipe Archive] [About the Mailing List and how to join]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Collard Greens???

Collard greens, which are always just called "greens" in the south (i.e. 
"I'll have cornbread and greens") are a type of leafy vegetable.  The SAD 
way to cook them is to boil them and season with pork.  I don't like 
greens, but if I was cooking them, I would saute some onions and garlic 
in vegetable broth and then add that to well-steamed greens.  They're 
really tough and unpleasant if they're not cooked soft.  (Just MHO of 
course :)