joke or racism?

Dear Paul:

I saw your message to Dr. Pinckney, and as a Brazilian Indian, I'd like
to tell you that I think that racist remarks have no place in the
Internet, as the truly multicultural, international medium that it is.
Haven't you realized that your "jokes" may be seen by people all over the
world?  Most racism is unconscious and it is often desguised as a sense
of humor. Nevertheless, it is just as harmful.

Good luck,
             Irene