Oriental Dressing

I found in a wonderful new book, "500-Fat-Free Recipes" by Sarah
Schlesinger.  I found the book at a bookstore that sells overstocks and used
books.  While I have not tried any of the recipes yet, they look very good.
She follows Ornish-based recipes and includes fast, microwave recipes.
_____________
Oriental Dressing I
Yield: 4 servings (1.5 T each)
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
This dressing works well on salads featuring oriental veggies or fuit such
as apples (author's remarks).

2 1/2 t prepared mustard
5 T rice vinegar
2 t light soy sauce
2 1/2 t sugar

Mix the ingredients together and serve.
Calories/serving: 15
Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Protein: 2.3 g
Carb: 5.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 0 g
Sodium: 333 mg
____________

Oriental Dressing II
Yield:  4 servings (1/4 c each)
Prep time: 10 minutes plus 45 min. standing time

This dressing features rice vinegar and low-sodium soy sauce infused w/ the
flavors of ginger and garlic.  It goes well w/ a salad of mixed greens and
fruit. (author's comments)

1 clove garlic, cut in several pieces
1 C rice vinegar
1 t light soy sauce
1 slice fresh gingerroot, cut in several pieces

1.  Combine garlic, rice vinegar, gingerroot, and soy sauce.
2.  Let stand for 45 minutes.
3.  Strain dressing.  Discard garlic and ginger.

Calories/serving: 9
Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Protein: 0.2 g