Re: Pink, Sweet, Mild, Raw Ginger?

>Does anyone know how to make/buy the pink, mild, sweet, raw ginger slices
>served with sushi?

I think you're referring to pickled ginger. I love it in and with sushi. I
found some at a natural/oriental food store -- pink, thin, sweet, lovely.
They were in a container with a short freshness date. Ingredients:

ginger, water, sugar, vinegar, salt, potassium sorbate, color ad

I have made them taste the same though not pink by thinly peeling peeled
fresh ginger and adding watermellon rind pickle juice, letting it set a
couple of days in the fridge. I'm sure you can do the same with sweet pickle
juice.

--
Sherry Rose                bears in politics --
sherry@xxxxxxxxx       http://home.aol.com/Sherry4803