Torula Yeast

Just when I think I have yeast figured out, something new turns up! There was
a recipe posted recently which included torula yeast (I think it was an
optional ingredient), but now I can't find it. Lake States dried torula yeast
is listed in my Food Values book (it has a lot of iron), but there is no clue
as to what the active yeast is used for. The Food Additives Book says it is
in the Candida species. (Baker's, brewer's and nutritional yeasts are not;
they are Saccharomyces cerevisiae.) Is there a deactivated version of torula
yeast which is sold as a nutritional supplement? If so, does it taste
different than nutritional yeast, or what is different about it?