MasterCook vs. Micro Cookbook

Yesterday I tagged along with my hubby to a computer show and had just
spotted the MasterCook Deluxe (1995) box when the electricity went off in the
western US! I decided to buy the program and had to conduct the transaction
in total darkness, with the help of someone's penlight. Then we groped our
way out of the hall. Now I hesitate to break the seal on the box, because I
didn't get a chance to look for Micro Cookbook 5.0 and compare. If you
are familiar with both these programs, would you please respond privately and
tell me which one you like best and why? (I think the topic has probably been
covered here before.) I would really appreciate it, because I'm still in the
dark, so to speak.