Short grain brown rice

Neil Bernstein asked about the difference bet. long and short grain brown
rice. In a nutshell, the difference is in the amount of starch in the rice.
Long grain rice has much less than short grain; that's why cooked long grain
rice looks like each grain was cooked individually and then thrown together.

The high starch content of short grain rice makes it quite sticky after
cooking; almost as if it has created its own sauce. That's why it's perfect
for creamy risottos and puddings. Rice Dream products are made from short
grain rice. It's really personal preference, but I will not buy long grain
rice anymore unless there is no other choice. But then I love risottos - and
not everyone does!

Alla Linetsky