Seems we have new folks so maybe time to re-run some old  tricks of the
game, hey you other old timers, how's about we drag out the old trick for
the newbies here?

good spreads for toast or bread don't have to be butter, instead how about:

apple butter
bean spread, white beans pureed with lots of herbs and garlic
or, gee, really good bread doesn't need a spread

And for sautéing, you don't need to sauté in oil, instead
balsamic vinegar
onions are great in apple juice