Lentil loaf

I'm not sure how much this will replace meatloaf for you, but I make it
often for my family and friends, and everyone eats it up and asks for the
reciepe.  I hope you enjoy it.  (I believe I got it from a post years ago on
this list.)

And one question: How do you store miso paste?  I bought some and somehow
the bag opened and started leaking.  What can I do with the rest of it?
Right now I have it in the fridge, but I'm wondering how long it will last
in there.  Any ideas?

Casey
Dortmund, Germany

Lentil Loaf (Serves 6)
4 C. Water
1C. Lentils, uncooked
1/2 C. Onion, finely chopped
1/2 C. Celery, finely chopped
5 slices whole wheat bread, crumbled
2 egg whites (Not sure how much of a substitute this would be.)
1 (8oz.) can Tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

1.  Boil water, add lentils and cook, covered, on low heat for 45 minutes.
Drain and preheat oven to 350 F.
2.  Lightly spray and wipe loaf pan.
3.  In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients with lentils and mix
well.  Press mixture firmly into loaf pan.
4.  Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.  Let cool 10 minutes then invert onto a
serving plate.  Slice.

**If mixture is too "mushy," it helps to add oatmeal to hold together
better.**