Liquid smoke

Sorry if this is a repeat of something that someone else has already
written, but what is Liquid Smoke?  My ex, may he rest in peace real soon
(just kidding) once told me that there was no such thing.

Well, as y'all know by now, there is.  But the Colgins brand is nothing more
than the purified residue of making charcoal.

As the wood burns, water is sprayed over it to burn it slowly.  The water
picks up the smoke flavor and is then purified, a tiny bit of molasses and
vinegar is added, then the savory liquid is bottled.  It's just that
simple...and delicious!

When added to meat analogs, seitain, soy granules, etc., the flavor becomes
more believable.

Bev Kurtin