real BEAN sprouts!

Regarding this interesting discussion of sprouting beans, I was at the San
Francisco farmer's market last weekend and one guy had a whole stand devoted
to these sprouts -- must be a new trend in health food! He had everything
from black eyed peas to black beans to sunflower seeds (his best seller) &
they were all good (I sampled all!) -- my question is: obviously sunflower
seeds have a LOT of fat, but the little green leafy sprouts, sans seed
casing, looked so cute & innocent- - - anybody have any idea if they somehow
"lose" the fat in the sprouting process? That would be way too good to be
true.... right??     --- AD