Re: Gassy beans

In a message dated 7/12/2001 12:48:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Pioneer588
writes:

<< ou can sprout beans the same way you would sprout any kind of seed. Here
is my method:
      Soak the beans overnight in cold water. Drain and put in bowl in
refridgerator, do NOT cover or you will grow mold. Leave for a couple of days
until a 1/4 inch sprout grows.  Then cook as usual, no more pre-soaking is
needed. They will cook a little quicker, too.  While in the fridge you can
stir them a couple of times if it makes you feel better!
      Enjoy.  Linda.
 p.s. Spay or sprinkle a little water on the beans in the fridge if they
start to dry out. >>
Your method with the 1/4 growth of sprouts...I am curious as to the taste,
etc. I imagine one now has beans w/a kind veggie combo texture? Do the
sprouts make it even healthier? Any particular type of beans this method
works best with? If used in recipes, how do the sprouts affect same? Thanks
in advance for reply.  Sunny