simple curried lentil squash soup

I've been using the Lundberg rice and lentil boxed mixes as shortcuts
lately, here is the latest:

Simple curried lentil squash soup

1 box Lundberg One Step Rice Lentil Curry Entree
5 cups water
1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 frozen package of squash*, thawed (1-2 cups, or one small cooked buttercup
squash)

Bring  the curry rice lentil mix (including spice packet) and water to a
boil, simmer for 30 minutes.  Add tomatoes and squash, return to simmer,
cook for additional 20 minutes or until rice and lentils are soft.  Stir
occasionally, but once you turn it down to simmer, this needs little
attention.  This is probably a good candidate for the crock pot.  Serve with
a garnish of fatfree plain yogurt and minced parsley and a side  green salad
with lots of sliced cucumber.  This is a milder curry for people like me who
sometimes can't handle Indian restaurant fare.