answer to Sharon Cocking

Sharon,
About your question regarding apple sauce.  I've been using apple sauce as a
replacement for oil in all my fat free cakes, and they always come out
wonderful.  For example, in Jane Brody's cookbook, she has some wonderful
recipes for banana bread and a zucchini bread, where I replaced the oil with
about 1 cup apple sauce.  You don't really taste the apples at all, and you
eliminate all the fat.  You can use any fruit puree for that purpose.  I do a
lot of baking, and haven't used any fat in years.  Hope that helps.
June