Re: FATFREE Digest V01 #37

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 03:21:49 -0800, you wrote:

>Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 07:23:29 -0500
>From: "Mike & Christine" <koopmans@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Fw: FATFREE Digest V01 #14
>
>> Just a small note about chili recipes. I'm another lurker. You guys say it
>> all, so I don't need to.
>> I live with a meat eater as well and I have found that adding TVP has been
>> the smartest move I've made. No one has ever noticed the difference and I
>> never say a thing.
>> I made Nachos the other night with TVP cooked with Taco seasoning and put
>it
>> over the Nacho chips, added low fat cheese and broiled till the cheese
>> bubbled...the guys loved it...and didn't suspect a thing!

You know, I must be doing something wrong.  I have been
reading messages like Christine's for years and years and
years:  I believe them, I believe they are the truth.
Otherwise, there's no reason for a bunch of unrelated people
to independently say the same thing over the years.

But when I've tried things like this (substituting TVP and
not mentioning it), the reaction I have invariably got (from
husband - two of them by now, not at once but sequentially -
and children) is:  "What *is* this sh*t? It's terrible."

Sigh.

Pat Meadows