RE:Double Chocolate Brownies

Susan,  yes chocolate chips are rather high in fat, and these brownies may
be made leaving them out.  It is not neccessary to replace them.  I make
them without the chocolate chips all the time.  I do sometimes use add 1/4
cup of chopped nuts to the brownies instead of chocolate chips.  Nuts are
also high in fat, but I personally think the nuts eaten in moderation are
nutritious.  HTH Pam