cooking basmati rice in rice steamers

I absolutely love brown basmati rice, and the fragrance while it is cooking
is wonderful!  I used to be able to get Texmati here but now my store doesn't
carry it anymore.  I don't think that the brown version of basmati takes as
long to cook as other brown rices, so why not try to cook it somewhere
between white and brown?  On my package of "typical" brown rice, it says to
cook for 35-40 minutes (traditional method on the stovetop).  I haven't made
white rice in so many years that I don't even remember how long it takes, but
I think it's more like 20 minutes?

Ruth in the Chicago 'burbs