Fresh soybeans

At 08:03 AM 2/12/01 -0500, RBrown9213@xxxxxxx wrote:
Kathleen, could you advise where the purchase whole fresh soybeans and how to
prepare them, generally?

I've never bought literal fresh soybeans. I buy them frozen and steam them. My grocery store (Cub) has them in the natural foods freezer. We also very much like the Birdseye Baby Broccoli Blend which has soybeans in it, also know as sweet beans. We probably eat that mixture twice a week; the two of us eat the entire package in one meal. Yum.

In restaurants I sometimes order Edamame, which is the soybeans in the pod. You put the pod in your mouth and remove it while your teeth scrape out the soybeans. Very nice.

Kathleen