Re: Sugar-free jam

Hi,

>does anyone have a good recipe for low sugar or sugar free jam? all of
>the recipes i've found have had cups and cups of sugar in it!!
>
>thanks,
>jaime.

Here are a few recipes.  I haven't tried any of them.

* Exported from MasterCook *

                  Low-Sugar Refrigerator Strawberry Jam

Recipe By     :Net
Categories    : Fruit                           Low-Cal
                Low-Fat                         Preserves

  1              quart  strawberries -- Sliced
  1           envelope  veggie gelatin powder, unsweetened
     1/3           cup  Sugar
     1/2           cup  Water
  2        tablespoons  Lemon juice

1.   In a medium saucepan, combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice.
Heat 5 minutes, crushing the berries slightly. Bring to a boil; boll
rapidly, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.

 2.   In a small bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water.  Let
stand 1 minute.  Add to strawberry mixture and heat, stirring until gelatin
is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes.

 3.   Let jam stand 5 minutes, skiing off foam with a spoon. Ladle into
jars.  Cover and cool slightly before storing in the refrigerator for
several weeks or in the freezer for longer storage.

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 15 Calories (kcal); trace Total Fat; (3% calories from fat);
trace Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 1mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat;
0 Other Carbohydrates

* Exported from MasterCook *

                    No Sugar Black And Blue Berry Jam

Recipe By     :Net
Serving Size  : 1     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Fruit                           Low-Cal
                Low-Fat                         Preserves

  1           Envelope  veggie gelatin powder, unsweetened
  6             Ounces  grape juice concentrate -- or apple, thawed
  2        Tablespoons  lemon juice
  3              Pints  fresh blueberries
  2              Pints  fresh blackberries

 Place half the juice concentrate in a small pan or microwave dish.
 Sprinkle gelatin on top and let soften, about 1 minute.

 Combine remaining juice concentrate with lemon juice.

 Puree berries, a pint or so at a time, in food processor or blender.
 When gelatin is soft, heat gently until melted.

 Combine all ingredients and mix well.

 Spoon into sterilized jars.

 Store in refrigerator or freezer.  Keep refrigerated.

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 518 Calories (kcal); 3g Total Fat; (5% calories from fat); 12g
Protein; 126g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 66mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 8 Fruit; 0 Fat;
0 Other Carbohydrates

* Exported from MasterCook *

                          No Sugar Blueberry Jam

Recipe By     :Net
Serving Size  : 1     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Fruit                           Low-Cal
                Low-Fat                         Preserves

  1           Envelope  veggie gelatin powder, unsweetened
  6             Ounces  apple juice, frozen concentrate -- thawed
  2        Tablespoons  lemon juice
  5              Pints  fresh blueberries

 Place half the juice concentrate in a small pan or microwave dish.
 Sprinkle gelatin on top and let soften, about 1 minute.

 Combine remaining juice concentrate with lemon juice.

 Puree blueberries, a pint or so at a time, in food processor or blender.

 When gelatin is soft, heat gently until melted.

 Combine all ingredients and mix well.

 Spoon into sterilized jars.

 Store in refrigerator or freezer.  Keep refrigerated.

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 1125 Calories (kcal); 6g Total Fat; (4% calories from fat);
17g Protein; 277g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 144mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 17 1/2 Fruit; 0
Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

* Exported from MasterCook *

                         No Sugar Strawberry Jam

Recipe By     :Net
Serving Size  : 1     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Fruit                           Low-Cal
                Low-Fat                         Preserves

  1           Envelope  veggie gelatin powder, unsweetened
  6             Ounces  apple juice, frozen concentrate -- thawed
  2        Tablespoons  lemon juice
  2              Pints  fresh strawberries -- washed and hulled

Place half the juice concentrate in a small pan or microwave dish.
 Sprinkle gelatin on top and let soften, about 1 minute.

 Combine remaining juice concentrate with lemon juice.

 Mash berries, or puree in food processor, using plastic blade.

 Mix with apple-lemon-juice mixture.

 When gelatin is soft, heat gently until melted.

 Combine all ingredients and mix well.

 Spoon into sterilized jars.

 Store in refrigerator or freezer.  Keep refrigerated.

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 491 Calories (kcal); 3g Total Fat; (4% calories from fat); 10g
Protein; 114g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 62mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 7 1/2 Fruit; 0
Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

NOTES : *Optional.  Replace part of the strawberries with raspberries, keeping
total of 2 pints of fruit.  Mash raspberries with the back of a large
spoon rather than blender or food processor.

* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Strawberry Spread

Recipe By     :Net
Categories    : Fruit                           Low-Cal
                Low-Fat                         Preserves

  1           teaspoon  veggie gelatin powder, unsweetened
  6            packets  Equal
     1/4           cup  Orange Juice
  1         tablespoon  Orange Peel -- slivered
  1                cup  Fresh strawberries -- Mashed OR Pureed
     1/4      teaspoon  Coriander

in Small Saucepan, Sprinkle Gelatin Over Orange Juice.  Let Stand 1 Min.
Heat Over Low Heat Until Gelatin Is Dissolved & Mixture Comes To A Boil.
Remove From Heat And Stir Into Strawberries.  Add Remaining Ingredients And
Stir To Blend.  Refrigerate Until Firm, 3 To 4 Hours. Best When Used Within
1 Week.
(Makes 1 Cup OR 16 Servings, 1 T. Each.)

Per serving: 5 Calories (kcal); trace Total Fat; (6% calories from fat);
trace Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; trace Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat;
0 Other Carbohydrates

Annice