Re: comment about eating raw cookie dough

> Someone more in the know might have some corrections to what I'm
> saying here so please feel free to jump in.
>
> I think that the might be some health hazards (other than the usual
> tummy ache) from eating raw cookie dough that contains unpasteurized
> raw egg products. (I think that most of the non fatfree kinds that get
> sold in the dairy case are made with pasteurized eggs.)
>
> I think that most of the liquid egg replacers (many of which are
> tinted egg whites plus some other stuff) have been treated to make
> them safe but if you are separating your own eggs, I'm not sure how
> healthy it is to just plan on eating large quantities of the raw [or
> frozen raw] dough.
>
> jayne

Here's something I posted to another list last month:

I've definitely been doing that [eating raw cookie dough] all my life
with no problem, and the same goes for my children.  We do a *lot* of
baking here (my children were up late last night making fancy
decorated pepparkakor cookies, and yes, not all of the dough made it
onto the cookie sheets), and they enjoy cake batter as well as
cookie/cooky batter/dough.  If anyone here had a compromised immune
system then I might have more concern about it, but as it is we have
always been extremely healthy.

I do get organic/free-range/no-antibiotics eggs from the grocery
store and from friends who have chickens, for whatever that might be
worth.
--
Tane' Tachyon = tachyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx = http://www.tachyonlabs.com/