Re: Raw cookie dough

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:18:34 -0700, you wrote:

>Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:34:55 EDT
>From: Mortis5555@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Raw cookie dough
>
>I think that all the harmful bacteria in eggs is contained in the yolk. So if
>you're just using egg whites it should be safe.

  No - that's not correct.  Anyone consuming raw eggs -
whether white or yolk - is at high risk for food poisoning.

   All the *fat* is contained in the yolk:  bacteria (if
present) would be distributed throughout the egg.

  For baking, I use a product called "Just Whites."  It
consists of dried, pasteurized egg whites.  I find it
convenient for baking use.  It would be safe to eat raw
since it has been pasteurized and bacteria have been killed.

Cheers,
Pat Meadows