Mushroom-Garlic Gravy Recipe

Relieving garlic and onion smell on fingers...
After you have peeled and cut up your onion or garlic, take a stainless steel
knife (or any stainless utensil) and rub your fingers over it. It will take
the smell right off your fingers.

Moms Vegetarian Cooking
Food my Kids Love to Eat
(Hopefully to be published by 2002)

1 c. water
1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
1 med. onion, chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, sliced (I love garlic, so I add 6 or more halved cloves)
1/4 tsp. dry basil
1 stalk celery, finely chopped

1/4 c. flour
1 c. water (for cream sauce, substitute 1 c. ff milk & 1/2 c. ff sour cream
                   in place of water)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Step 1
On med. heat in lg. skillet saute first 6 ingredients until onion is

Step 2
In sm. bowl whip together next 4 ingredients until lumps are smoothed out.

Step 3
When skillet mixture begins to boil reduce heat to med. heat.
Step 4
Stirring constantly, slowly add 2nd mixture to skillet mixture until boiling
stops and thickening occurs. As long as this is boiling you must continue

Step 5
Reduce heat to lowest setting. Stirring periodically, simmer for 15 mins.

Serve over potatoes, loaves and pastas.
Enjoy, Sheila B.
copy right SRB 2000