frozen tofu question

 Hadass wrote to me:     I freeze( tofu) and thaw first and *then* squeeze
out the liquid and slice. Is there a right way and a wrong way to do this, or
does it not really matter?

I replied to her, but my email did not go through for some reason so here is
what I wrote to her.

Well, I have always pressed, cubed and frozen, never the other way around.
Usually I have bought the tofu and do not get it used before the use before
due date, so I just do the above.  But those were the instructions I read
long ago.

Barb in FL