Re: Pickle Recipe?

Here's another one I stumbled across today

Mustard Pickles

1 + 1/2 quarts sliced cukes
1 pint sliced onions
1 pint sliced carrots
1 quart cut green beans
1 quart cauliflowerets
1/2 cup chopped red pepper

1/2 cup pickling (coarse) salt

1 pint vinegar
3/4 cup water
2 cups sugar
1 + 1/2 Tbsp celery seed
1/2 tsp ginger
1 Tbsp. turmeric
1/2 cup flour
2 Tbsp mustard powder

Place cukes and onions in large glass, stainless steel or enamel bowl.
Sprinkle with pickling salt.  Let stand at least one hour.

Meanwhile, cook remaining veggies until tender crisp.  Drain well.

Drain cukes & onions mix.  Rinse with cold water.  Drain again.

Prepare sauce:

Place vinegar, water and sugar in a large pot.  Mix dry ingredients
together and whisk a little at a time into the vinegar mixture.  Cook until
thick, stirring often.  Add all veggies and bring to full boil.

Pour into sterilized jars, seal and process in a boiling water bath 10
minutes for pins or 15 minutes for quarts.

Makes 8 pints.

--
Wagner Mitchell Family
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada