Re: Re: Pickle Recipe?

This is one of my favorite pickles - sweet and salty together - mmmmm
Cheri

Sweet & Sour Dills

2 cups vinegar
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
1/4 cup salt
5 heads/lg sprigs of dill or 5 teaspoons dried
5 cloves garlic
onions, sliced - how ever many you like
cucumbers - kirbys not salad ones
alum
5 pint jars

Bring vinegar, sugar, water and salt to a boil. While you're doing that pack
cucumbers (I slice mine - you can do them whole or in spears), onions, pinch
of alum, a garlic clove and dill in each jar. Pour boiling brine over to
cover. Seal and put in a ho water bath for a few minutes. Ready in 5-6 weeks.