microwave popcorn

Just a note about fat-free microwave popcorn:
When I was growing up, (in the eighties ;), my mom used to use this
thick plastic bowl with a thin plastic lid with a vent in it that was
specifically for microwaving popcorn. We put half a cup in this bowl and
popped for 3 min. or so with excellent results. I seem to recall that we
accidentally melted the lid one time and used plates over the bowl
instead with equally good results.
I don't have a microwave now, I use an excellent hot air popper-these
are very cheap, less then $20.00 Cdn.
Happy popping!
Jesse in Toronto