Here's something I got off the list a while back.
Haven't tried it yet, but now that your question
CRACKER JACKS (macrobiotic)
1/4 cup popcorn kernels
1/2 cup barley malt
1/2 cup rice syrup
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Make popcorn. (Place 4 kernels in a saucepan over
medium to low heat. When they have popped, the pan is
ready, so put all the kernels in. When there are no
more popping sounds, it's done.)
3. In a saucepan, bring the barley malt and rice syrup
to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Pour the hot sweetener over the popcorn and mix
5. In a nonstick pan, spread out the popcorn. Place
in the oven until the sweetener begins to darken. Be
careful not to burn the sweetener--it heats quickly.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere!