Ricotta Pastry

Hello, oh wise and helpful people!

Thought for once I would post a recipe instead of just using everyone else's
brilliant ideas.  This recipe does call for 1 tablespoon of oil (so those
who are offended, please overt your eyes). It was originally 2 tablespoons,
but I cut it down to 1.  Absolutely fabulous pastry for veggie pie crusts,
etc.  Also great for leftovers: just roll out the pastry into triangles, put
leftovers vegies inside, fold over, crimp edges and bake.

2 cups sifted self raising flour
3/4 cup smooth ricotta cheese (chilled)
1/2 cup buttermilk (chilled)
1 egg white (or equivalent egg substitute)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-2 tablespoons skim milk (chilled)

Blend flour, ricotta, buttermilk, egg white and oil in blender using pulse
button until just mixed.  With blender on, slowly add chilled skim milk if
necessary so that you have a pastry-like consistency (I found mixture to be
perfect without the milk).
Roll out onto floured board and need for a few minutes.
Wrap in plastic, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Roll out and use like pastry.  Cooks in about 20-25 minutes in moderate
oven.

This is from the Victor Chang Heart Foundation Cookbook (not exclusively
vegetarian, but wonderful cookbook for anyone in Australia - and proceeds go
to the Heart Foundation!).

Best regards,
Melissa