Re: Harassment

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:21:30 -0700, Maggie wrote:

>Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 06:00:23 EST
>From: maggiekats@xxxxxxxx
>Subject: Harassment?
>
>Dear Pat,
>
>I, too, got a reply from Alley asking me to stop posting.  I wrote back
>to her and said " What are you talking about?  I never wrote to you.  I
>only used the address for posting to the fatfree digest."
>
>As near as I can understand it, every time someone posts a message to
> fatfree@xxxxxxxxxxx    a copy of that message goes to Alley's E-address
>also.  She is not the one doing the harassing!  I gave her the direct
>address to Michel Dick, which I hope is the right one.  Michel will be
>able to look into the problem.

  I've already written to Maggie privately, as I didn't
realize her message to me was on-list, explaining that
I can understand someone's frustration at being on a list
they don't want, but that doesn't excuse shooting innocent
bystanders.

  Also, that I don't take well to being threatened and most
especially not to being mail-bombed (what this person set
out to do).  I received three messages from him/her
yesterday, all rude, peremptory, and threatening
mail-bombing.

   The person's ISP evidently agreed with me that this was
harassing email - they have instructed him/her not to send
me any more email.

   I would most certainly have been happy to try to assist
anyone who politely asked for assistance.   In fact, I had
already written to Michelle asking her if she could
unsubscribe this person.

Cheers,
Pat Meadows