Potato Cakes

Hi everyone, my mother in law makes these things that she calls potato cakes. They are so good, but not so good also. Unfortunately when I asked for the recipe, I found out that she takes mashed potatoes, an egg, and flour. She adds the egg to the potatoes and adds flour until it is thick and kinda stiff. She forms them and fries them. They look like pancakes. I was wondering if anyone has a FF recipe for this or has ever tried making it with egg substitute and cooking spray. I dont want to waste if it doesnt come out good. Thanks so much.

Lorie