Re: Cold recipes (fwd)

I got this from Faith Senie:

I make this as a pot-luck dish during the summer months.  Just took a
whole bunch of it down to a family reunion last weekend, and it fed the
two of us plus various family nibblers for 2 days!

Cold pasta salad
-----------------
1 lb. "interesting" pasta, cooked (see below).
Various vegetables that are edible cold.
Good Seasons FatFree Italian Dressing (or your choice of fatfree salad
dressing).

Cook 1 lb. of "interesting" pasta shape/color.  I tend to use the
tri-color corkscrew-shaped ones, but any color/shape will do.  When
cooked, rinse thoroughly with cold water and set aside.

Slice various vegetables into bite-sized chunks.  For last weekend, I
used scallions (pencil-thin green onions), red and green bell peppers,
button mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, carrots (very thinly sliced),
cucumber and celery.  In the past, I've also done small zucchini
(courgette) and shredded basil leaves, but I didn't have either this
time around.  Whatever goes well in a regular green salad would work
fine here.

Mix the pasta in with the veggies in a large bowl.  Sprinkle the salad
dressing over the pasta and veggies, stirring as you add, until the
flavor is enough for you (I like enough that you can really taste the
dressing, which is about a half a bottle -- not everyone else will want
that much!).

Chill until serving.  Keeps well in a cooler with a couple of those blue
ice packs sitting on top of the container, and travels well in general.

The real beauty of this recipe is that you don't have to be a cook at
all to make it! :)

Faith

--
Faith                       |"Censorship ends in logical completeness
faith@xxxxxxxxx             |when nobody is allowed to read any books