Date and Banana bread

All this talk about bread and bread machines has got me experimenting!!

My latest experiment (which was successful) was date and banana bread.  I
usually just use a prepackaged bread flour mix (not entirely fat free), and
add whatever I feel like on the day.  So here's todays version:

Date and Banana bread
(this makes a 1.5 lb loaf in my Breville machine)

1 ripe banana, mashed
water
350g bread flour
100 g oatmeal (I used quick cooking oats)
1 1/4 teaspoon yeast
60 g dates, chopped

Mash the banana well, and add water to make up to 250g.
Place in breadmaker, add flour, oatmeal and yeast.
Cook on a white bread program, adding dates when your machine beeps (or if
you have a fruit dispenser, they'll be added automatically).

The dates actually disolved into the recipe, so probably could be added at
the beginning if you prefer.  This bread smelt divine, and tasted great.
If it lasted longer I'm sure if would make really good toast.  It was sweet
and tasty with no added sugar.  If you don't like the amount of fat in
bread mix, then I'dd just make your regular white bread recipe,
substituting the oatmeal for flour and the banana for water.

Enjoy!

Annabel

Annabel in South Australia
kudu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx