hint for dealing with hot peppers

I can't take credit for this idea which is a little weird but it
works.

After you think you have washed your hands well enough,  lick the tip
of your finger or any other place on your hand that came into contact
with the hot pepper. If you can taste or feel it, you haven't washed
it off. I'd much rather do this than discover it when I take out my
contact lenses......

NOTE: This is best done with nobody else around since it can look a
little strange to an observer :-)

jayne