Subject: Chopped "liver" (was: Re: FATFREE Digest V00 #334chepped liver)

Zeftu@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Having said all that you might try eggplant in place of , or in
> combination
> with, the green beans.  I have had a tasty mock liver spread from a
> kosher
> distributor that lists eggplant as main ingredient.  However this one
> also had lots of oil .

One of Debra Wasserman's books (either LowFat Jewish Vegetarian Cookbook
or No-Cholesterol Passover recipes - I'll have to check at home tonight)
has a mock chopped liver that is so realistic, I had to go and ask again
to make sure it really was vegetarian 8-). It was based on mushrooms, I
think ... and probably wasn't really fatfree. I'll see if I can find it

Be well, Hadass

--
Hadass Eviatar
Winnipeg, Canada