Re: steamer

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000 03:19:08 -0800, you wrote:

>Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 08:16:55 EST
>From: RWard2121@xxxxxxx
>Subject: steamer
>
>My sister gave me an electric steamer for Christmas.  It says it does rice,
>too.  Can you cook brown rice in them?  Do you ever season the veggies during
>the steaming process?  Any veggies to avoid, or are any particularly good?
>Any other good ideas out there that I need to try?

If you're talking about the little plastic steamers, such as
sold by Black & Decker - yes, you can cook brown rice in
them.  I do it all the time.  It comes out very nice, but
takes a long time - 60 minutes.  You should have an
instruction booklet with your steamer which will include
directions for brown rice.

No, I've never thought of seasoning veggies during the
cooking process, but it's a good idea, thanks, I'll try it.
:)

So far as I know, all veggies (maybe not eggplant which
would probably just turn to mush) steam very nicely.

Cheers,
Pat