a formal Christmas party

Hi guys!  I was invited to a fancy business Christmas party this weekend,
where they're serving steak and seafood.  Don't want the steak; when
seafood is served at things like this, is the shrimp and stuff generally
just steamed, if there is some?  ANy helpful hints as to what to pick
around for?  I'm going to take my salad dressing, hoping there'll be plenty
of salad to at least tide me over until I can go somewehre else!  :>  Not
to sound obsessed, just wondering if there's any tips out there.

Thanks! And peace,
Chelsea*