Soba With Tofu

We really enjoyed this dish which is more like a cold pasta salad. I eliminated all the oil of the original and the sesame seeds. Since I removed the sesame oil and the sesame seeds from the recipe I removed the word sesame from the title too.

Kathleen

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                        Soba With Tofu

Recipe By     : Cooking Light Magazine, August 2000, page 147, adapted
Categories    : Pasta, Couscous, Etc.            Soyfoods
                Vegetables                       Inspired Vegetarian--Madison
                Main Dishes, Vegetarian

     1/3  cup           low-sodium soy sauce
   2      tablespoons   rice vinegar
   1      tablespoon    minced peeled fresh ginger
   1      teaspoon      sugar
   4      cups          cooked soba
                        (about 8 ounces uncooked buckwheat
                        noodles)
   2      cups          sliced peeled cucumber
   1      cup           thinly sliced green onions
   2      cups          cubed firm tofu -- (about 12 ounces)

If you cook these noodles ahead of time, make sure you rinse them well.

1.  Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.

2. Combine the noodles, cucumber and onions in a large bowl; toss mixture gently.

3.  Divide noodle mixture evenly among 4 bowls; top with tofu and sauce.

Yield: 4 servings (servings size: 1 cup noodles, 1/2 cup tofu, and 2 tablespoons sauce).

Inspired Vegetarian column by Deborah Madison.

Adapted to be fatfree.  Original recipe had title Soba with Sesame and Tofu.