Re: Alfalfa Sprouts

Sat, 4 Sep 1999 Tesla Starr Keehn <quantum@xxxxxxxx>
>I wonder if any of you could tell me why Andrew Weil, M.D. says one shouldn't
>eat raw alfalfa sprouts because thay contain toxins?

I thought it was the way they were harvested and packed that introduced food
poisoning, and that it was an unregulated industry.

>It use to be one of my favorite things on vege burgers and maybe it shouldn't
>be?

I eat 2 sandwitches for dinner every night, with a generous (2-3cm, loosely
packed) of sprouts. If its doing me any harm it isn't noticable.

Its not specifically alfalfa ("Salad sprouts") but I'm sure alfalfa is the main
one from looking at it.
--
daiajo@xxxxxxxxx	Daiajo Tibdixious	Geek
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hub/2399/