Re: Butter Buds/Molly McButter vegan?

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999 09:46:36 -1000, you wrote:

>It turns out that Molly McButter isn't vegan.
>Back to the drawing board. I'll be experimenting with other
>flavors to see  if I can come up with a truly vegan substitute.
>Neal Pinckney <> Healing Heart Foundation <> Makaha, Hawaii

I have never had Molly McButter or Butter Buds so I'm not sure
what it is exactly.  Are you adding it for butter flavor? Or does it
add some sort of texture or something? If it is for butter flavor what
about imitation butter flavor? Shilling makes one, it comes in a
little extract bottle.  I don't know if it is vegan since I'm not. The
ingredients don't sound to good but if you really have the taste...

Imitation Butter Flavor
water, propylene glycol, butyric acid and other organic acids,
diacetyl and other ketones, ethyl propionate and other esters,
vanillin, and FD&C yellow #5.